185 total credits required for graduation
30 credits English (3 years)
- Any combination of 30 credits of English. All 11th graders will take English III and all 12th graders will take English IV
- Grade 9: English I
- Grade 10: English II
- Grade 11: English III
- Grade 12: English IV
30 credits Social Science (3 years)
- Grade 10: World History
- Grade 11: US History
- Grade 12: American Government & Economics
20 credits Mathematics (2 years)
- Counselor will determine correct math sequence.
- A full year of Algebra or Integrated I is required.
- A second year of math may include Consumer Math.
20 credits Science (2 years)
- One Year of a Biological Science
- One Year of a Physical Science
20 credits Physical Education (2 years)
- 2 Years of PE :General PE, Weights, Aerobics, Advanced Sports, Dance, Athletic PE or NJROTC
10 credits World Language or Fine Art (1 year)
- One Year of a world language ( Spanish) or fine art (i.e. Art, Floral, Drama, etc.) course
5 credits Health (1 semester)
- Typically completed during Freshmen year.
50 credits Electives
- Choose from any course offered at PLHS
- 10 credits may be taken as Student Aide (grade 12 ONLY)
- 40 credits may be taken in Work Experience (grades 11-12 ONLY)
- 20 credits may be earned through Community Service ***Please see your counselor for details/approval