Any student can perform community service. Community service is on a voluntary basis only. Service cannot be done with family businesses. They must perform service for a non-profit organization. Non-profit organizations include:
- Parks and Recreation (YMCA)
- Food bank
- Little League or Pee Wee Sports coaching, snack bar, etc.
- Non-profit thrift store
- Working with programs for special needs and the disabled.
*anything that falls under this umbrella*
- Working in a restaurant
- Working in an office (answering phones, Xeroxing)
- Working with a yard work service
- Babysitting neighbor’s kids
- Working for “free”
If you have any questions whether your activity will be approved, please speak with Ms. Reid before you begin your service. Time cards are picked up from Ms. Reid (or printed from the link on the left) and must be returned with total hours worked on form. The student and the supervisor to whom they reported for service must also sign the form and the Supervisor must provide a contact phone number.
Every 60 hours equals 5 elective credits. Turn it into Counseling to record the credits. A student may earn up to 20 elective credits of community service.